Brothers Fend Off Carjackers And Call Police. Cops Respond By Killing Their Dog

Posted September 24th, 2010 at 1:25 pm by

Sterling Barlow’s brother had just come home from work early Wednesday morning, when he was approached by two men trying to take his vehicle. Barlow’s brother was able to hold them off until he ran inside to get his gun. The carjackers fled as shots were fired.

At this time, Sterling and his family called police. So you’re probably thinking the brother received some type of medal for bravery right? Wrong. What about a certificate of awesomeness for stopping a crime? Nope. Oh FFS, did they at least give him a free happy meal?

No, but they did offer a headlock and a bullet. Apparently things got out of hand after the initial phone call because Sterling was grabbed by the cops, and placed in a headlock. To make matters worse, his adorable dog (pictured below) was shot in the head by the female officer.

Barlow stated, “While this was going on I said ‘please, don’t point a gun at my dog.’ I begged her. She didn’t need to be involved in this. She was in the yard.” But Barlow was arrested and charged with multiple crimes, including insulting an officer. Police say the officer acted appropriately when shooting the dog.

There has got to be another side to this story, it just doesn’t make any sense. “Hey thanks for stopping the bad guys and calling us, check out my wrestling moves while we pop a cap in your mut.”

If you happen to stumble upon any other sources feel free to drop a comment below.

• Jared Lorz
    September 25, 2010

Nope. Pathetic losers who were bullies in high school became cops. Those cops go out and do whatever they want because the constitution has been so eroded it doesn’t even matter.

• dyeez
    September 25, 2010

Wow. I seriously doubt that the cop had malicious intent to kill the dog. She probably panicked or was a complete dumbass that did not see the other black people watching b/c it was too dark ;) . And then comments like this, “Hours looking for full report but couldn’t track it down…” just screams corruption or at least incompetence at best. Now you see why people hate/distrust cops. Thanks guys, you made me generalize the worthless nature of a few to the entire population and from hereon, i will judge every cop and believe they are incompetent.
    Would that be wrong? Let’s ask Rodney.

• RungWee
    September 25, 2010

Its PUNK Cops like this I just love to hear about in the news that get “Clipped” in the line of duty!

• khan
    September 25, 2010

It’s time to start shooting these cops because the law doesn’t punish the criminals they employ, and your guaranteed rights seem to get forgotten when it come to cops manipulating the laws their supposed to follow themselves. Cops who break the laws are the most dangerous and worst kind of criminal. We are guaranteed the right to bear arms and protect ourselves at all times, even against crooked cops.

• Simon
    September 25, 2010

Incompetence and law enforcement seem to go hand in hand nowadays. I hate to paint all cops with the same brush and I am SURE there are officers who can do their job properly, but with so many stories like this it’s no wonder the public doesn’t trust the police.

• khan
      September 25, 2010

There are many good cops, more than worthy of our respect. But there are many bad ones and many that are outright criminals. We have a right to protect ourselves against any criminal, even if it’s a cop.

• will
    September 25, 2010

As the story is being told – (I feel like somethings missing) but if that’s what really happened I probably would have shot the female officer for shooting my dog – here in michigan we have the castle law and if the cops are acting with ill intent I have every right to defend my property (aka the dog) and my brother.

• Bob
    September 26, 2010

You people are idiots… Next time you need help, don’t call.

‘Normal’ people don’t get carjacked at home, which contains a pitbull and handgun…

Trash.

• icepick
    September 27, 2010

Police were called by neighbors, when shots were fired, not by the Barlow brothers. Police arrived and told everyone to sit down so they could control the situation, Sterling decided not to cooperate with the police, while he argued and then resisted, the dog came out of the house, witnesses disagree on if the dog attacked, but why did you let your damn dog out of the house in the first place jackass? Oh, and the brothers had an illegal sawed-off shotgun in the house… hmmm…

• Jon
    September 27, 2010

Bob did you even watch the video, the dog is not a pitbull, it looks like a rottwiler/brown lab mix and while I don’t own a handgun, they are legal to own. It said nothing about an illegal shotgun unless you did some more reading about it icepick. I would be a little scared to call the police to come to my house as I have a rottwiler/lab mix and she is very sweet but protective of the house and acts ferocious though she has never hurt anyone, she is all show. Calling the police for help should not result in your pet being shot and being arrested. I find it a bit odd that they couldn’t find the police report.