The 10x Bacon Subway Turkey Melt

Posted August 7th, 2009 at 8:26 pm by

Today at lunch I decided to change it up a bit by ordering 10 extra bacon for a 6 inch turkey sub from Subway.  The result was a taste bud orgasm of monstrous proportions.

sub

I wouldn’t recommend doing this every day, as it put me to sleep directly afterward.  It also gets fairly pricey.

receipt

I’d like to pitch the following idea to someone like Morgan Spurlock:  Do the Subway Diet like Jared, only using this concoction.  We’d basically like to see someone with a normal build turn into a complete fatass, eating nothing but Subway sandwiches.

Turkey Xbacon – Watch more Funny Videos

If you have any suggestions on how we could make this even more unhealthy, please let us know.

August 7, 2009

I just noticed they charged me for a club and not a turkey, wtf?

• Max
    August 7, 2009

Add a fried egg or sunny side up to it. Yolk is godlike.

• Subway
    August 7, 2009

Bacon at my subway is only $1 for a foot long and .50 for a 6 inch. You should riot about them ringing you up wrong. Probably get a free sandwich out of it…(I work at a Subway)

• Gun/Taco
    August 8, 2009

This sandwich would cost about 15 bucks in Houston. But I’m down. Oh, man, I’m totally doing this.

• Gun/Taco
    August 8, 2009

All I have to do is find out how to say 10X Bacon in Spanish.

• SanFrancisco
    August 8, 2009

Servers in your subway speak and understand English, OMG! Here they only seem to speak some undecipherable mix of Indian languages and Engrish, and they’d never give you than many vegies!

• Langdon
    August 8, 2009

You know they sell pre-cooked bacon at the grocery store for 3.99 for 15 slices. Just do that instead of paying so much!

• Rob
    August 8, 2009

Next time get a Subway melt, no veggies and just ranch.

• J

Gun/Taco:

10 -> diez (Be careful with the /z/ sound, it’s hard to pronounce it correctly if you’re not a native speaker. I’d spent almost 3 years trying…)
    extra -> extra

“10 extra de bacon, (por favor)”. “Por favor”, is optional. Spaniards don’t care so much about manners.

• MEat
    August 8, 2009

Get a quad stacked cold cut trio with 10x the bacon. I’ve seen a quad stacked cold cut eaten, it looks horrible, so much processed meat.

• Zigzo Links
    August 8, 2009

OK next up… take it home, batter it, and fry it. :)

• Markm

disgusting

• Trichinosis
    August 8, 2009

That bacon looks barely cooked.

I can has parasites ?

• David

All that was missing is the 3 layers of mayo

• dasds

diez bacon por favor

• Melikoth
    August 8, 2009

They may have charged you for a club, but at least they only charged you for 5x bacon.

• HuukedOnFonix
    August 8, 2009

More importantly, you purchased this monstrosity at 9:11 AM ? BRUNCH ?

August 8, 2009

The early bird gets the worm.

• Becks
    August 8, 2009

Apparently, according to some guys who work at my boyfriend’s work, if you put every single dressing that they offer on the sandwich it tastes delicious.

Personally I think it sounds disgusting, but it’s worth a try, and it makes it a whole lot unhealthier.

• Demerus
    August 8, 2009

.80 and 1.60 here for 6in and ft bacon. But im in Canada too working at a subway in Newfoundland.

• INBLEW

They also call Bacon in spanish: Tocino

• tkeela625
    August 8, 2009

Each normal extra bacon order is two slices per six inch sandwich. It was charged correctly on the ticket except that they charged for a club and got a turkey (you can see the turkey on the sub). My question is, around here they’ve been advertising on tv and selling “$5.00 foot-longs” for a couple of years now. Why was this person charged $4.50 for a 6 inch sub?

• Jake
      August 8, 2009

The $5 Footlong campaign no longer includes EVERY sandwich on the menu, only a few sandwiches remain five dollars. I work at a Subway in Nebraska, people come in all the time pissed about how their favorite sub isn’t five dollars anymore. We don’t make prices. Also a helpful hint: a steak sandwich purchased as a breakfast item (with egg) is LESS than a steak sandwich WITHOUT egg. No clue why this is, but it’s saved me some cash in the past.

• otros
    August 8, 2009

Bacon = “tocino” or “panceta”

• revDJkev
    August 9, 2009

Every time I go to Subway, I get a foot-long Spicy Italian with double meat. . .one catch. . . ALL of the double meat is pepperoni (that’s like 4x the pepperoni). I’m sure I will die an early death from these pepp sandwiches!

• Jeremiah's Johnson
    August 9, 2009

The title of this article is misleading. While he did in fact get 10 slices of bacon on the sandwich, 10x bacon would translate into either a) 10 times the normal amount of bacon, or b) 10 orders of extra bacon. So a more accurate title to this article would state 5x bacon… Don’t get me wrong, 5x bacon is pretty impressive, but I was expecting 10x.

• moi
    August 9, 2009

i’m vegetarian…. and i just drooled a little….i feel dirty D=

• Jeremiah's Johnson
    August 9, 2009

Next time I want bacon on my burger I’m gonna get it at Subway. How is it that you get two 6+” strips of bacon at Subway for $.60, but at Burger King they charge you nearly twice as much for two weak 3″ slices that are gone after the first two bites?

2 whopper jr’s with 2 slices of 3″ bacon on each = $4.00
    2 whopper jr’s with 3 slices of 6″ bacon on each = $3.80

• Brian
    August 9, 2009

You got jobbed. $4.50 for the club when the turkey is only $3.25. You coulda had even more bacon for the extra $1.25 you paid.

• iluvbacon
    August 11, 2009

is that whole wheat bread?

lol

• lolcoolj
    August 12, 2009

I work at a subway, the Turkey is $4 for a 6in (6.50 footlong) and the bacon is $1.20 for 4 slices, so you didn’t overpay that much, plus you got avocado? I wish we served that. The other day I served a guy a melt with extra bacon and he put every sauce on it…. so gross.

• gerry

Bacon
    Bacon
    Bacon
    Por Favor

• Erik
    January 24, 2010

next time dont get the bacon drained off too!!

• Serial Griffin
    October 27, 2010

Salut, Dear journalist!
    I’m Gianna from Ireland and I am Analyst.
    You wrote a excellent topic, I am added it to my Fire Fox fast rss reader.
    piece of your text interesting for my personal blog members.
    I want place your one to my website.
    Can i to do that, if I place a bold backlink to your finest website ?
    I found your long issue via twitter ..
    Looks like your skillful free blog have three thousands friends at your perfect blog now, interesting success for every author.